Casey and her mother Wendy "I just started grief counseling. I'm always sad. I'm sad and in pain and I miss her." Wendy Hartling Hartling is the mother of Casey Chadwick, murdered in 2015 by Jean Jacques , an illegal Haitian immigrant. Jacques was convicted of the murder of Chadwick in a New London Superior Court jury trial and sentenced by Judge Barbara Bailey Jongbloed to a 60 year term in prison. Since Jacques is 44 years of age, the sentence was, in effect, a life sentence. Connecticut Commentary coverage of the Chadwick murder may be found here , and here and here . Jacques could not have been sentenced to death because Connecticut’s Democrat dominated General Assembly, under pressure from the state Supreme Court, had abolished Connecticut’s death penalty law in 2012 . The slaughter of Chadwick was particularly brutal. Her body had been found by a friend who, opening a door to a closet, discovered Chadwick stuffed in a dark corner drenched in blo...
Comments
History is great, but it doesn't mean Russia is going to invade Poland. On such topics, I'm with Pat Buchanan, not Bush Jr. I think we ought to be disengaging with the world (cause we're going to have to, as our money loses value). Defending the Czechs from the Russians--when in fact no one's threatening anyone--seems like a low priority.
No, it will not do to thumb your nose at the truth. The defense system was there to protect the Baltic States and Poland from post-Soviet Russian aggression.
In the new world that dances in the imagination of Obama, perhaps we no longer need such friends as Poland.
My reaction to this is perhaps colored by Nixon’s betrayal of Cardinal Mindszenty, who sought refuge in the American Embassy when Brezhnev wanted him deported to Rome. Nixon told him he would have to bow to his fate.
And Poland? It has been betrayed in history so many times that perhaps it has gotten used to it.
Myself… I come from a different time. I’m fully aware that my time has passed. It was, though, an age of heroes: http://donpesci.blogspot.com/2007/08/in-praise-of-famous-men.html
I miss it.