According to the Department of Correction 7,589 prisoners – many of whom were convicted of violent felonies – have been released under the Risk Reduction Earned Credit program since September 1, 2011. At the same time, State Victim Advocate Michelle Cruz estimates the state has only 1,800 beds at half way houses and 3,500 behavioral slots available to those who receive early release.
- Violation of a protective order (felony)
- Carrying a dangerous weapon (felony)
- Attempt to commit arson 3rd Degree(felony)
- Burglary 3rd (felony)
- Attempt to commit arson 1st degree (felony)
- a psychiatric exit evaluation
- a risk assessment of danger to their victims