Sunday, October 21, 2012

Prague’s Juvenilia


Apparently Edith Prague’s recent stroke has not affected her political prejudices. Here is Prague on Republican Chris Coutu,” who is running for the state Senate in the 19th District:

“He’s referred to by some colleagues in the House as cuckoo Coutu,’’ Prague said. “His votes clearly indicate he is not thinking through on the issues. … Certainly I would want somebody in my seat who has some of the same values that I have. Chris voted against the budget, and there were some very good programs in the budget. His voting record is very questionable.’’

Concerning Coutu’s positions, Prague said, “Pro-gun. Oh, man alive. God help us.’’

She added, “I’m very sorry that I’m not running for my seat. The doctor said don’t get yourself in a stressful situation. The job is not that stressful. It’s the campaigning. It would have been a very tough campaign. I didn’t want to take the chance of a second stroke, but I’m miserable not to be running. I love my job. I love being in the Senate. I love chairing the labor committee and the aging committee. I’m a social worker, and there I am, a social worker with power. That’s a social worker’s dream.’’

Ms. Prague’s “cuckoo Coutu” insult has been picked up by several news outlets whose reporters are not likely to note in their stories that name-calling is the lowest and most juvenile form of humor.  

.

No comments: